Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day 23. Monday I plan to start an 8 week training program to prepare for a century. Can I do it? Anyone want to do it with me? 6 miles on Monday.

Carrying two brand new inner-tubes and an air pump when I ride seems to have made my tires impervious to flat causing road hazards. Who new?

I was reading a discussion today about men shaving their legs if they're serious about cycling. The most popular reason for shaving is because when you crash the hair clings to asphalt and pulls chunks of skin out. Ouch! The other's were aerodynamics and just because that's what cyclists do. Both of those reasons sound bogus to me. I'm not interested in extrication of chunks of skin from my leg in the event of a crash but I'm not interested in shaving either. I'll just have to not crash, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment