Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Seriously.....

Today I was talking to someone who was wearing a LIVESTRONG wristband. I asked him if he rides. He said yes, he races with a team. I told him that I had gone to Austin and rode 65 miles. I can't help this feeling that I'm not convincing as a "cyclist". After all, I am huge. I feel like it would be different if I was bragging about the distance I've ridden my bike if I looked the part. The thought that often creeps in is that if I can do it in my current state then it must not be that hard.

2 comments:

  1. Don't underestimate yourself. You're incredibly strong and determined. Remember last Austin when a bunch of skinny guys weren't able to ride even half as much as you?? Don't be creeped out - you're superman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are reading, you are inspiring Robbie! I lost my Mother to cervial cancer, and my partner recovered from it. Keep on keeping on you have people who believe in you, I DO!

    ReplyDelete